Nominated by: self after encouragement by Nick, Christian, Brett, Guido, Nathaniel, and Ewa Jodlowska
I’m so pleased with the gracious, thoughtful work by many to formalize a new
governance for Python. A huge thank you to all who listened, shared, and
compromised to help us move into 2019 with a new governance model selected.
I would be honored to serve on the Steering Council. I would be equally
honored to share my experience with governance, negotiation, and communication
with the inaugural Steering Council as a member of any future Council
advisory groups focused on:
- Working with the PSF to fund resources or support the core team’s projects
- Communicating the core team’s goals for releases and processes to the PSF and the larger Python community
- Working to improve core development processes to best support core development
- Balancing stability, maintainability, and quality of CPython with critical needs of Python’s various user communities
- Formalizing methods for the Scientific Python and Education communities to work closer with the core team to identify and refine language needs
I am self-employed using Python and Jupyter for research projects and
education. I am a Project Jupyter Steering Council member.