Thanks for taking the time to read this. I made a Tkinter app that does some cool stuff. When you first run it, it runs great, responsive, and everything like that.
After several minutes, if you minimize the app and then re-maximize it, the following issues will happen:
- frames will show up as black rectangles for several seconds
- if you grab the title bar with the mouse and drag across the screen, it is very laggy and choppy, like 3 FPS
- clicking “X” to close the app is slow to respond (2 to 5 second lag)
It seems that the longer the app runs, the longer the lag gets. It’s almost like there is something in the program that adds to the latency the longer it is run.
I tried the following things:
- I checked all arrays which use .append() instructions, and made sure that there aren’t runaway arrays that just get filled endlessly
- I used Text() widgets, one of which was populating endlessly, so I now clear it after every 100 lines
- I might try making a much simpler app (Maybe a root, label, and a single scale) and see if the sort of time-based-breakdown / latency happens with a simpler app, or if it’s something in my program.
Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks.