I propose to promote Kyle Stanley as a core developer. I’ve been mentoring Kyle since September 2019 and can personally vouch for him being a perfect fit for the core team. He’s kind, humble, extremely supportive, and has great technical skills.
- Merged PRs: Search · is:pr is:merged author:aeros archived:false org:python · GitHub
- Reviewed PRs: Search · reviewed-by:aeros -author:aeros archived:false org:python · GitHub
- Involvement in issues: Search · involves:aeros archived:false org:python · GitHub
- Kyle is quite active on our mailing lists (python-dev, python-ideas) and discuss Profile - aeros - Discussions on Python.org
- He’s been helping Andrew Svetlov and myself with asyncio; both documentation and code.
- Member of Python Discord | Home community, where he’s helping users troubleshoot concurrency-related and asyncio issues, and served on the judging/review panel for one of their recent “code jam” events.
In all honestly, I rarely see someone as excited about Python development as Kyle. I’ll continue mentoring and assisting Kyle for the next few months, however I think that he’s 100% ready to be promoted now.
Thank you for your vote!
- Don’t promote