Analyze pip install ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement

I have a requirement file, and try to install it by:
pip install -r requirement .txt

It fails on a specific package with this error: ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement

I know the package does exist, in the correct index, so I guess it points on a version conflict.
However, I don’t know how can I analyze it. I tried with pipdeptree, but it lisst the deps for the already installed packages, not for the problematic package.

I’ll appreciate any idea, how can I solve it.

thanks!

Can you show the error that you are getting?

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement <package_name> (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for <package_name>

Can you provide a screenshot?

unfortunately not (security policy of my company…)

To be honest, I have never seen someone attempting to install a text file using pip install which is what you are implying with the following:

But if you are missing a required package, you generally install it via the following command in the command prompt.

pip install package_name_here

No, that isn’t what’s happening there. Please see the documentation for the -r option for Pip. It’s very common to do things this way:

Sorry to say, without knowing which package it is or what else is currently happening in your Python environment, it will be difficult to impossible to offer any meaningful help.

1 Like

Are you sure that this is the command you are running? It would be more common to use:

pip install -r requirements.txt

Copy and paste what you are using, don’t retype it.

python3.7 -m pip install -r requirements.txt

the requirements.txt file looks like:

pandas>=1.1.5,<2
pyarrow>=2.0.0,<15.0.0
problematic_package

And to be clear, you can watch it installing Pandas and pyarrow successfully?

yes, it installed them successfully.