Hi I’m new here. I’m a Perl programmer and need to eventually make a web app using the Microsoft Azure ecosystem. I’m new to MS Azure and Python. I’ve been doing tutorials about Azure Data Factory and I don’t see how the Data Factory will help me. There are MANY parts to the Azure ecosystem. Here is the basic flow of the multiple Azure programs I will be making.
- User goes to a specific URL, one for each specific program. For example, one URL will be to read business card XML files and spit out a XLSX and CSV file in the exact same format containing the information from all XML files. (The user needs the CSV file as input to another program I am not responsible for, but checking the data with the eyeball Mark 1 is easier in the XLSX file.)
- User drags 1 or more files to the web page and clicks a “Process” button. Control passes to a programming language to read the input files.
- The website (my program) loops through each row in the spreadsheet, extracts data from input files and returns 1-2 files in XLSX or CSV format containing information with specific columns in a specific order.
- There will be at least 2 different programs processing the input files, each different from the other.
I’m looking for the easiest solutions since I have to learn both the Azure environment and any programming language that will go with it, like Python.
- Does Python support reading/writing XLSX files? I think this would have to be done by Python.
- Does Python support reading XML and getting info from specific fields/tags? I don’t want to read the XML manually if I don’t have to. “Keep it simple”.
- Will the App Service do what I want based on the requirements above?
Before I post in an Azure forum I’d like to get some answers here first. I did 15 minutes of a Python tutorial and it looks very similar to Perl.
Thank you for your time!