The PSF is interested in improving PyPI functionalities and features given its importance in the Python ecosystem. We are researching features that would improve user experience for all users of the service. The first step in this process will be to understand the current roadblocks and difficulties that organizations and community projects face when using PyPI.
In order to build a sustainable PyPI, we are initially considering building features that solve problems for teams using the service. These paid features for corporate users will be provided to community projects at no cost.
Thus, we would like to invite organizations and large Python community projects to express their interest in supporting the development of new PyPI features by providing their use cases and hindrances using the service as a team. The feedback process will be carried out in these steps-
- Users fills in this form to express their interest
- PSF sets up individual meeting with companies and projects to garner feedback
- PSF collects feedback from the Python community
- PSF collates the feedback to prioritize the most impactful features to build
- Additional outreach as necessary to validate our findings.
Please fill in the form to express your interest in developing paid PyPI features and to share feedback. Please fill this form only if you are representing an organization or project. We will collect feedback from individual users separately.
Please fill the form by Oct. 29. Please share this post with anyone who might have feedback to share.