Vote to promote Abhilash Raj as core developer

• Promote Abhilash Raj
  • Do not promote Abhilash Raj
0 voters

I am formally proposing Abhilash Raj to be promoted to core developer status. Abhilash’s primary contributions will at least initially be for the email package, a library in need of additional contributors.

Abhilash is already well established as a contributor to Python. He is the project lead for GNU Mailman and serves as both a Mailman administrator and postmaster on mail.python.org. He has been instrumental in the migration from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 on our infrastructure, and regularly helps out with postmaster duties. I have worked very closely with Abhilash since he originally came to the GNU Mailman project as a Summer of Code student. Over the years, he has continued to impress me with his technical abilities and sensibilities, his leadership, and his strong and considerate collaboration skills. When I stepped down as GNU Mailman project leader in 2017, Abhilash was the clear, unanimous choice to take over that roll.

In addition to that, he has a proven track record of contributions to the email package. I have mentored him in his recent PRs and have full confidence in his ability to manage bugs and commit directly to CPython. He has a good understanding of the workflow, policies, and procedures such rights would grant. He is kind to contributors and eagerly works with them to find the right solution.

From PEP 13:

… It is granted by receiving at least two-thirds positive votes in a core team vote that is open for one week and with no veto by the steering council."
PEP 13 – Python Language Governance | peps.python.org

Here is a list of contributions from Abhilash:

Merged PRs

Reviewed PRs:

Issues on bpo:

1 Like