Does the Nov 16 - Nov 30 voting timeframe still work?

No, I put the rationale behind not being able to change your vote later explicitly in the PEP body, as well as the warning suggested by @tim.one for people to hold off with casting ballots until they are absolutely certain. Also added your bunch as co-authors which was overdue, sorry!

I do think that both Condorcet (through its unclear “is there even a winner?” nature that @tim.one explored above) and CIVS (through the inability to change your mind) make this election rather fragile. This increases the likelihood we’ll have to do this all over again. The original PEP’s goal was to avoid that and now that’s out of the window. I’m not going to veto anything but I’m worried.

How dare you spoil my argument with FACTS!

Sorry if I sounded dismissive, the way the discussion went then made me misremember those.

Maybe I’m nit picking here but Guido’s deadline was “well before PyCon”.

Do PEP authors need more time?

After thinking about this the entire day, I have to agree with @malemburg that the main audience to ask whether Nov 16 - Nov 30 is realistic is the PEP 801x authors. I created a poll for them to specify if they are on track: PEP 801x authors, are you on track for the vote between Nov 16 - Nov 30?

I also e-mailed all personally in case they are in the Discourse-sceptic crowd.